For a full immersion in the game without limiting the possibilities, everyone needs joysticks. The Xbox 360 console manufacturer has taken care of providing users with multifunctional gamepads that can be connected not only to the console, but also to the computer. The main thing is to know how to do it?
From this article you will learn how to set up a joystick from the Xbox 360 for a PC game.
How to connect a wired gamepad from xbox 360 to a computer?
Today, gamers are available for a wide variety of gamepads that can connect to PCs in two ways: wired and wireless. To start the game, the owners of the most conventional wired joystick hBox 360 are enough to perform the following procedure:
- Connect the gaypad cord via the USB connector to the computer. Note: USB ports PCs must be versions 2.0 or 3.0 . The ports on the front panel of the system unit may not fit these versions, so it is recommended to connect the hBOX 360 joystick through the ports on the rear panel.
- Wait until the drivers are downloaded. For Windows versions 10, 8, 8.1, 7 installation of drivers is mainly automatically. If the automatic loading of the drivers does not occur, you must add them manually by downloading from the Microsoft website.
- Driver installation notification indicates Successful connecting gamepada To your PC. Now you can open the game and check the operation of the joystick. Sometimes after installing the drivers, you need to update their list so that the computer see the new device and start working with it.
In our workshops produced Xbox 360 firmware . You can safely trust many years of experience of our specialists. Call and write down!
Additional setting of functions of buttons and joysticks can only be possible in the options of a separate game, as well as Turning on / off vibration .
How to connect Xbox 360 wireless joystick to computer?
Wireless gamepads give more possibilities Player and do not tie it to a limited distance to the TV or computer. To connect the Xbox 360 wireless gamepad to the PC, you will have to purchase an additional device - a signal receiver (receiver). The fact is that the Xbox 360 joystick during wireless connection is associated with the console not through the Bluetooth signal . To connect the Xbox 360 wireless gamepad to the PC, a special receiver is needed. This device allows you to establish control over 4 remote gamepads and headsets.
Connect the Xbox 360 wireless gamepad without a receiver, unfortunately, will not work.
How to use the receivers for the xbox joystick?
Very simple. Configuring a wireless joystick for Xbox 360 games through a PC starts from connecting the receiver:
- The connection of the receiver with PC occurs via USB ports 2.0 or 3.0.
- When the receiver is connected, the Windows 10 system (8, 8.1 or 7) starts the automatic installation of the device drivers. If she carried out without errors The receiver starts to work (a green indicator lights up on the housing). If the drivers are not installed, you must download them manually through the "Device Manager" from the disk that is attached to the receiver, or from Microsoft.
Next, you need to connect the Xbox 360 joystick to the computer via the receiver:
- Turn on the gamepad by clicking on the button with the xbox emblem.
- Press the connections button on the front of the receiver.
- Then press the button on the top side of the gamepad and wait until the connection indicator stops flashing.
Permanent lighting of the indicator near the GUIDE button on the gamepad means the normal operation of the device.
Now You can open the game And check the functions of buttons and sticks. If you wish in the Options menu, you can change the key destination and their sensitivity.
Xbox 360 gamepad does not work on PC
In cases where the computer does not see the Xbox joystick, you must perform a number of actions:
- First you need Check USB Port To which the gamepad or receiver is connected. It may be necessary to reconnect through another port.
- The Xbox 360 gamepad is often not connected to the computer due to disabling the automatic software update function in the Windows 10 system. In such cases, you need to install all updates and attempt to connect the gamepad.
Using the gamepad from the Xbox One and 360, you can control games both on the console and on the computer, thereby replacing the mouse and keyboard. Consider the options for connecting the gamepads from Xbox to the PC.
Xbox One + PC Wireless Controller
1) wired communication via micro-USB cable
We recommend using a Microsoft controller, but you can always save and buy a high-quality wired gamepad for Xbox One at a reduced price.
Xbox One gamepad can be connected to a PC using a USB cable. To do this, you must have:
- Xbox One wireless controller;
- Cable "USB - Micro-USB";
- PC with Windows 7 and above.
Connect one part of the wire to the gamepad, insert the connector to the computer into the USB. Most often, the loading of the drivers occurs automatically. For owners of Windows 10, nothing to customize independently.
Problems arise when on a computer with Win 7, 8 and 8.1 Not included Auto-update , then the installation must be done manually.
- Go to "Settings", then in "Devices" and below "Device Manager";
- Select the Microsoft XboxOne gamepad string, then right-click and "Driver Update";
- Making the "automatic search ..." (you need the Internet);
- We are waiting for the installation of the driver and check.
If Joy did not work, then we switch it to another USB connector on the computer.
2) Xbox Wireless Adapter for PC
You need to purchase the Xbox adapter for Windows to wirelessly connect the gamepad. This devicewill cost about $ 20
. Device is compatible with Windows 7+.
For the controller, we carry out the following actions:
- Connect to the PC adapter via USB connector;
- We go to the "Settings" - "Devices" - "Bluetooth and Other Delivery";
- There we click "add a bluetooth or another set";
- We find "All others" and click on "Gamepad from Xboxone"
- We establish and check the controller performance.
3) Connection via Bluetooth
A distinctive feature of the updated gamepad from Xbox One S and Future X Is that it has a Bluetooth technology. The device is compatible with any gland on which the operating Windows-10 system .
To communicate a gamepad with a PC via Bluetooth, we carry out the following:
- Turn on the Xbox One S controller;
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your computer and go to "Settings" - "Devices" - "Add Bluetooth or Other Set";
- We are looking for an "gamepad from xboxone" and activate the device;
- Check and enjoy.
Mode " In the airplane "Turns off all radio modulus (WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS).
Gamepad from Xbox 360 for PC
1) Wired joystick Xbox 360.
It is better to use the original controller if it is already there. But you can save and buy quality third-partyGamepad for xbox 360
On Win10 drivers are installed automatically, there should be no difficulties.
On windows 7, 8 or 8.1 may have to install software independently:
- We go to the Microsoft shop, we are looking for the necessary gamepad, and clicking "downloads".
- Select the desired version of Operation (7, Vista or XP).
- We load, install and reboot the PC;
- Connect the Xbox 360 gamepad and check.
For windows 8 and 8.1 Use Win7 compatibility mode. For this you need:
- Download software for 7;
- After downloading, click on the file right-click and select the Properties command;
- Compatibility tab and put a tick "Run this program in compatibility mode";
- Select the "Windows 7" OS and the "OK" button;
- Run the installation of drivers, after which you connect the gamepad and check the settings.
2) Xbox 360 Wireless Joystick.
- We connect the receiver to the USB-2.0 input to the PC.
- Installing drivers will start automatically, but they can be supplied from the disk or from the Internet.
- Turn on the controller from Xbox 360.
- Press button on receiver and then press the "Connection" button on Geimada 360. (from above between the churches).
- Communication is established when the light bulbs stop blinking and light up to a smooth green color.
Manual installation instructions for drivers are described in the previous paragraph.
To date, it makes no sense to buy Joy from 360 boxing. It is expensive, and the opportunity offers little. Another thing, if it is already available.
The optimal option for the purchase, at the time of the publication of the article is Xbox-one controller . It works with WIN-10 via Bluetooth and has a 3.5mm headphone jack.
Many have long used gamepads from the Xbox console for games on the computer. We all know well that the joysticks, in some games, more conveniently in handling rather than keyboard and mouse. In this article, we will describe and explain in detail how to connect the Xbox 360 joystick to a computer running the popular Windows7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 operating systems.
Wired controller Xbox 360 can be connected to a computer using a wire, inserting it into any USB 2.0 / 3.0 port.
It is worth noting that this article will describe the methods for connecting and installing drivers only for the joysticks of the Xbox 360 console, since Xbox One wireless gamepads are very different, and require special manipulations with the joystick.
- Configure Joystick on Windows 10
- Configure Joystick on Windows 8 / 8.1
- Configure Joystick on Windows 7
- Setting up a wireless gamepad on windows
Configure Joystick on Windows 10
In order to install the Wired Xbox 360 controller on a computer running Windows 10 operating system, you must perform the steps described in the instructions:
- The first thing usb cord joystick must be connected to any free USB port, it will not play a role. This will be USB 3.0 or 2.0.
- After you insert the gamepad into the port, the automatic installation of drivers must begin, by means of automatic updating drivers on Windows 10. If everything has passed without errors, at the end you should see a notification of the successful installation of drivers.
- At the end of the joystick setting, run the application or game and try checking the gameplay using the buttons and the reaction tracking to these application actions.
Problems that may occur during connectivity:
- In the event that the joystick did not determine the system, try changing the USB port to which you want to insert the device. After that check the device to decide on.
- In the event that the gamepad was determined, but does not work, check whether the automatic update in Windows 10 is enabled. This can be done by going to "Parameters" - "Updates and Security" and click the "Update Check" button.
- It is also worth viewing the documentation that goes along with the joystick, it is probably your model requires special circulation and connection.
Configure Joystick on Windows 8 / 8.1
The principle of connecting gamepad in Windows 8 / 8.1 operating systems is the same as in the instructions, above.
In the event that you did not work automatically install the software for the device, then it is necessary to check whether the automatic update function is enabled, or install the drivers to compatibility with Windows 7. To install the drivers in compatibility and connecting the gamepad, make the following:
First of all, you need to download and install Xbox 360 Joystick Software
Link to download drivers from the official website of the manufacturer: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/uk-ua/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows
When you first go to the official website, in the list of supported operating systems, select the appropriate time to you. For example, if you have Windows 8 32bit, then select "Windows 7 (32-bit only)" item.
After you have chosen the size of the system, select the driver language and click on the link to download the file.
When the file rolls, click on it with the right mouse button and in the drop-down menu, select "Properties", after which the window opens.
Go to the Compatibility tab and in the Compatibility Mode section from the list, select the operating system to compatibility with which you want to start the file, in our cases it is "Windows 7". After selecting, click "OK" and launch the driver installation file.
After the installation is completed, it is recommended to restart the computer.
Connecting a wired gamepad to a computer
After you installed the driver and rebooted the computer, insert the joystick wire to any free USB computer port. It must be determined by the computer.
To check the correct operation of the XBOX 360 controller, you can run a special application:
- Press the Win + R key combination, and in the "Run" string that follow the following command "JOY.CPL".
- The "Game Devices" window will open, in which your controller must be displayed.
- To check its work, double-click the left mouse button in your own gamepad, and in the window that opens, check the operation and match the buttons.
Configure Joystick on Windows 7
When connecting the joystick to a computer with the Windows 7 operating system, the automatic installation of the drivers will not happen and have to do everything. There are 2 ways to install drivers for this controller:
- Installing drivers from a CD.
- Installing drivers downloaded from the official site.
Installing Drivers With CD Disk
Included with the joystick in the box there should be a CD-disk with software, with which the driver will be installed.
- Insert the CD into your computer and run the driver installation program.
- Installation can be made without changing any parameters.
- After the installation is completed, restart your computer.
- After the computer boots, insert the joystick into any free USB port.
Installing drivers downloaded from the official site
- Link to download drivers from the official website of the manufacturer: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/uk-ua/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows
- By clicking on the link in the "software and drivers" section, select Windows 7, after which the driver is "Russian".
- After that, click on the generated link to download the installation file.
- When downloading is over, open the file. If a firewall notification window appears, press the "Yes" button to start the installation.
- Select Run. The Xbox 360 program will install the necessary files to the computer. When the installation is completed, restart the computer.
- After the computer boots, insert the joystick into any free USB port.
To check the correct operation of the Xbox 360 controller, you can run a special application, the instruction to which is described above.
In this case, if the application has not defined the gamepad, try changing USB port or run "Troubleshooting Windows"
Setting up a wireless gamepad on windows
To connect the standard Xbox 360 wireless joystick to a computer with a Windows operating system, you will need a Xbox 360 wireless game receipt.
The charger is not suitable for joystick with a computer.
First of all, you need to connect a wireless receiver to a computer to any free USB port. It is best to connect to the backbone of the computer, for constant and good power and signal.
After you have connected the device to a computer, check that the green indicator lights up on it, which signals the normal and correct operation of the device.
Installing Drivers for Receiver (Receiver) Xbox 360
After you have connected the receiver to the computer to automatically install the drivers. In such cases, if the automatic installation was crowned, try to follow one of the following options:
- Install the driver from the disk which is complete with the receiver.
- Install the driver from the manufacturer's official website.
Install the software from the disk is quite simple.
Install the driver from the disk running with the receiver
Insert the disk that is complete with the receiver into the computer's drive, and run it. If you did not automatically start, then make it manually by double click on the inserted disk.
Next, follow the instructions for installing software, and after the installation is completed, make a reboot of the computer, in order to change the changes.
Install the driver from the official site of the manufacturer
- To search and download a suitable driver for the Xbox 360 receiver, you should go to the official website on the link: https://www.microsoft.com/accessories/ru-ru/d/xbox-4-wireless-controller-for-windows . And load on the same principle what is described for other instructions above in the article
- Main Select your Windows version of Windows and the operating system language then click on the resulting link.
- After downloading the file, start it and go through the steps of the standard installation without surviving, which will be installed, something superfluous.
- Accessories for the Xbox 360 installation program will install the necessary files to the computer.
- After the installation is completed, make a reboot of the computer.
Setting up the Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver
- Turn on the receiver, for this press and hold the GUIDE start button.
- After the device is started (the green indicator lights up), press the connection button, which is located in the center of the receiver. If the indicator starts blinking, then the device is ready to connect the gamepad.
- Then click the connection button on the joystick (the small round button is located on the front panel of the gamepad).
- Apply the joystick to the receiver, for quick conjugation. A successful connection signal will stop the blinking of indicators on both devices, and a diode sunbathing located next to the GUIDE button located on the gamepad. This is exactly what means the joystick is connected (watch the image below)
The article tried as in detail as much as possible and clearly describe the methods and nuances of the Xbox 360 gamepad to the computer. Following these instructions, you can easily connect the Xbox joystick to the computer, and also without difficulty finding and installing the desired driver from the official site.