After removal of the tooth, the gums hurts: what to do
From this article you will learn:
- The tooth snapped the gum sore: what to do.
- Why, after removal of the tooth, the gum hurts: reasons
- How many days must continue pain.
The article is written by a dentist's surgeon with experience over 19 years.
Many patients complain that they have a gumache in the first days after removing the tooth. The pain is a normal body reaction to injury, and therefore not strong, not long-term pains are a normal phenomenon. However, pain occurs not only as a consequence of bone injury and gums, but also because the inflammation of the gums after the removal of the tooth could develop.
According to statistics - inflammation and improper healing of the well after removal of the tooth occurs in 3-5% of cases (but it concerns the teeth of any localization besides the teeth of wisdom). But the removal of eighth teeth leads to the development of complications of approximately 25-30% of cases. This article will help you understand the cause of pain, whether the tooth hole will be healing with you, and also what to do with inflammation.
View of the gum after the removal of the tooth (normal) -
Please note that in the norm of the hole of each remote tooth should be completely closed with a blood clots. The clock surface should first be intense burgundy color, becoming gradually yellowish-whitish. How should the wells look like in different terms after removal - look in the article: → "Healing of the wells of remote teeth: photo"
How much the gums sore after the removal of the teeth -
How much the gums after removing the tooth - directly depends on the degree of traumatic removal and whether or not there is an inflammation of the well. Normally, after simple removal, the pain usually continues for 1-2 days, and having occurred, its expression force should gradually decrease to the next day. Therefore, if you have a little gums after removing the tooth - you do not need to panic immediately.
Why the gum sore after removing the tooth - strong pain after removal of the tooth usually occurs when significant injury is applied around the tooth. This happens when removing a complex tooth, when the doctor is forced to drink a bone fabric of bormer or cutting a tooth crown to remove the tooth in fragments. In these situations, severe pains can be justified, but even in these cases they are still more often arising because of the doctor's mistakes ...
1. Strong pain after removal and surgeon error -
When the tooth was removed, the gum sore so strongly that even strong analgesics help poorly - the reason most often turns out to be in the incompetence of the surgeon. Unfortunately, many surgeons do not strive in the process of removal minimize bone tissue injury, gums, which leads to the appearance of severe pain. Below we list the main medical "flaws" during the removal of teeth -
- Movable bone fragments in the wound - The surgeon can leave largely low-alignment fragments of the dice, which are formed when dislocation / swinging the tooth. Their presence can lead to pronounced pains and inflammation of the wells of a remote tooth, as well as to the need for a re-visiting to the surgeon to remove them.
- Not the right removal strategy - This is the most common mistake. The fact is that different doctors (due to the difference in experience and mind) - remove completely identical teeth in different ways. This leads to the fact that one surgeon can torment the patient for 1-2 hours, trying to use only tongs and elevators when removing, and not believing with the injury inflicted bone, and the other will decide to immediately cut the tooth into 2 parts (removing them separately), And spent on all removal only 15-25 minutes.
- "Empty hole" (Fig. 6) - If the doctor used too much anesthetic with a vasoconstrictor (this component contributes to the vessels spasm in anesthesia), then the well after removal may not be filled with blood. Doctors usually do not check it, but simply impose a tampon and send a patient home. In an empty well, the bone tissue will be naked and will react with sharp pain.
- The doctor did not put the seams - Before removing the mucous membrane around the tooth peckles from it with a smoother, which leads to the fact that the edges of the mucous membrane around the wells of the removed tooth will be movable. Often, even seeing the need for the imposition of seams Surgeons is label to do it. Ideally, the imposition of at least 1 seam should be done even after the removal of small single-cornered teeth, not to mention the multi-cornery.
Studies have shown that the stroke of the hole reduces the intensity of pain by 30-50%, reduce the risk of developing inflammatory complications to 90%, accelerates wound healing, and also almost completely prevents the loss of blood clots from the wells and the risk of bleeding. I can recommend you - always before removing the doctor, so that he will save the hole (even if you have to pay 250-500 rubles for 1 or 2 sutures). It will save you many nerves.
- If the doctor has not prescribed antibiotics after complex removal - there is a high risk of developing the inflammation of the wells and as a result of this - strong pain. Antibiotics should be applied only by a doctor, so it is worth contacting the repeated inspection and complain about pain.
What to do in all these situations -
How long the gum sores after removing the tooth in these situations - in the norm of pain should last no more than 1-2 days after simple removal, and their severity should be weak or moderate. Moreover, pain, edema (if from also appeared) and other negative symptoms should gradually decrease. After complex removal of pain can be strong and lasts normally 3-5 days, but since the next day they also begin to decrease.
If the intensity of the pain does not decrease within 2 days, if you in the wound feel the bone fragments, if you have pain in the well on the cold / hot water, if you have blood clots from the wells, if there is an unpleasant smell from the well ... - It is urgent to go to the surgeon for a repeated reception (without waiting for the gums after the removal of the tooth).
Important :In some cases, pains may be caused and the patient errors in how he carries the well of a remote tooth. For example, very often patients begin to rinse the mouth intensively, considering that it will be better. But this leads to the fallout of the blood clots from the well and the appearance of strong pain. About what can and what can not be done after deletion - read in our article: → "Memo to the patient about how to behave after removal"
2. If the cause of pain is inflammation after the removal of the tooth
Quite often, patients are reappearing with complaints about constant butterbates that do not diminish, on the poor smell of the wells, on the fact that they are rushing the gums after the removal of the tooth. If the patient has such inflammation after removing the tooth - treatment is possible to spend only re-tapping to the dentist.
When examining such patients in the oral cavity, you can see the following picture: the hole is filled with the footsteps of the necrotic decay of the blood clots and foodstuffs, the bone tissue is naked in the depths of the well, which is very painful when touched and when it gets cold or hot water. Such inflammation is made called the alveolitis of the tooth's well.
Inflammation after the removal of the tooth: photo
Sometimes pain in the inflammation of the wells are so strong that even the strongest analgesics do not help. The duration of pain can be from 10 to 40 days, and they are usually ending after the treatment of the inflamed well from the dentist. The strongest symptoms are usually observed with the moon of the tooth of wisdom in the alveolis (there is an additional minority, and swelling swells).
The gums inflamed after the removal of the tooth: what to do ... It should be noted that the suppuration of the gums after the removal of the tooth can develop as both by the fault of the doctor and after the incorrect actions of the patient (for example, you could rinse the mouth and dripped the blood cloudy). Treatment of inflammation of the tooth's wells will be to clean the well of a remote tooth from the necrotic collapse of a clot and foodstuffs, laying in the well of special anti-inflammatory funds.
Alveolit (wellness inflammation after deletion): video On video 1, you can see how classic alveolitis looks like, and on video 2 - as when pressed on the gum in the region of both remote teeth, wisdom out of the holes are highlighted by pus.
3. Pains for the impodent hematoma -
Sometimes it is necessary to deal with the following situation - blood clots in the well of a remote tooth dense, there is no inflammation in it ... But at the same time, the patient can observe the following symptoms, indicating the formation of hematoma and its suppuration.
- increasing swelling cheek or gums
- increasing temperature and pain
- pain when tacking gums at a remote tooth,
- Soft fabric tensions over the focal of suppuration,
- Over time, the sinusiness of the skin of the face in the projection of the treatment of hematoma is joined.
The appearance of hematoma may be due to the following factors:
- With anesthesia, the needle was injured by the vessel - no fault of the doctor in it, because Conducting anesthesia doctor does not see where vessels are tested in soft tissues. For the prevention of the hematoma development, the doctor usually, after anesthesia, asks the patient to close the place of anesthesia with hand (1-2 minutes).
- Hypertensive disease, diabetes - if you have increased pressure, the risk of hematomas increases, because Strong bleeding develops even with a small injury of vessels. In diabetes, the capillaries are increasing, which also contributes to the formation of the hematoma.
- If you have taken aspirin before removal - the reception of aspirin is less than 1 week before the removal can lead to the development of bleeding when removing, as well as to the formation of soft tissue hematomas. This is due to the fact that aspirin reduces blood coagulation.
What to do - If you snapped the tone of the tumor, then in no case you can not warm the swelling, to engage in self-medication. You must immediately consult a doctor. The dentist will make you a small incision on the gum, will release a pus with blood, wounds the wound with an antiseptic and put drainage. After the cut, the state alleviation comes immediately, and the edema decreases sharply the next day. We hope that our article on the topic: how many days the pain lasts after removing the tooth - it turned out to be useful to you!
1. Higher Prof. The formation of the author for surgical dentistry, 2. Based on the personal experience of the work by a dentist surgeon, 3. National Library of Medicine (USA), 4. "Ambulator Surgical Dentistry" (Bezrukov V.), 5. "Propaedeutics of surgical dentistry" (Solovyov M.).
Pain after removing the tooth wisdom
The pain after removal of the tooth wisdom is more intense than after extraction of other teeth. As a rule, the eighth tooth is removed, which may not be enough space in the arc and it begins to shift the neighboring teeth. The Eight Development itself is often accompanied by pain symptoms, especially when it is dispersed for a long time and under the wrong slope. If the tooth of wisdom is removed at the stage of destructing, the extraction passes faster, and the complications are minimal.
During the operation, the inevitable, quite strong injury of the gums, due to the anatomical location of the wisdom teeth. But even the strongest pain after removal of the tooth wisdom is held for 2 days. If the pain is enhanced on the second day and is accompanied by hyperthermia, it is necessary to postpone the visit to the dentist, as it is typical signs of the above alveolitis. The infectious process is easier to neutralize at the very beginning using antibacterial therapy, it is possible - imposing seams on the gum, antiseptic irrigation and tamponade of the well. If the process is to put on a sample, it can give a serious complication in the form of osteomyelitis of maxillary bone tissue. The pain after the removal of such teeth wears, the character common in the entire gum, with the inflammation of the wells and the gums of the pain symptom can be very strong, and accompanied by an increased temperature.
Symptoms of pain after the removal of the tooth
Typical signs and symptoms of pain after the removal of the tooth are as follows:
- Primary pain within 2-3 hours after the end of the anesthetic. The pain wears a nunning, the transit character and subsides 1-2 days later. As symptomatic treatment, a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug or analgesic can be appointed.
- Summary of gums, cheek fabrics in a tooth removal zone. This is a temporary post-trash inflammatory process, especially often it occurs when the tooth is removed to the tooth of wisdom in the lower jaw. Edema may increase on the second day after extraction, it is considered a permissible phenomenon. In no case, in no case, the seamless cheek cannot be warm, on the contrary, cold compresses can significantly accelerate the decline in swelling.
- Painful sensations when opening the mouth. It is also a permissible temporary phenomenon due to inflammation of the mucous membrane, gums and chewing muscles. As a rule, the pain pokes on the third day and disappears finally 5-7 days after removal.
- Hematoma on the cheek on the side of the tooth removal. This is associated with possible mechanical pressure during the extraction of the tooth of wisdom, and maybe in patients suffering from arterial hypertension. The bruise comes down for 3-5 days.
- Increased body temperature, up to 38-39 degrees, especially in the evening or at night. This is caused by the resistance of the immune system, aimed at neutralizing post-traumatic inflammation. Thus, hyperthermia for 1-2 days is considered a protective reaction of the body, not pathology.
As a rule, the symptoms of pain after removal of the tooth disappear after 5-6 days, they rarely persist more than a week, which indicates the possible development of complications. Usually, a dentist conducting removal assigns control visits and oversees the wound healing process. If the symptoms are developing atypically and cause acute, severe pain, a resistant temperature, a general deterioration of the state, you need not to slow, and immediately visit the doctor. Dangerous signs are the following symptoms:
- Strong female swelling, exciting both cheeks.
- Bloodfaction, which does not stop during the day.
- Fevering condition, chills.
- Nausea and vomiting.
- Purulent discharge from well removed tooth.
- Cough, difficulty breathing.
- Strong pain after removing the tooth.
Strong, acute pain after removal of the tooth can develop 2-3 hours after anesthesia stops. The pain pohes every hour and disappears on the second day, if this does not happen, you need to turn to the dentist and find out the reason for complications.
The nature and intensity of pain depends on the type of extraction. By removing the tooth of wisdom, severe pain is almost inevitable, this is due to the necessary traumatization during the operation. Most often, the pain symptom is removed by analgesics, in cases where they do not apply, antibacterial therapy is used, since the inflammatory process in the well is possible - alveolit or infective contamination of the gum tissue.
In addition, severe pain after removal of the tooth is provoked by the residues of bone fragments, roots. It should be noted that such cases have recently not yet been noted, since any experienced doctor performs an audit inspection of the cavity, aseptic irrigation, and, if necessary, assigns a repeated panoramic picture.
One of the possible causes of severe pain can be a purulent process in an empty well. This is determined by the absence of a blood clot, which is either not formed due to strong bleeding, or is washed away by an unacceptable rinse from the patient. A clutter performs the problem of a kind of protection of a bare wound, if it is not formed, the state is developing, called the "dry hole". An infected saliva, food, provoking inflammation, can get into an empty well, provoking inflammation.
Still pain after removing the tooth
The aching pain after extraction (removal) of the tooth is a completely permissible symptom, the nature and duration of which depend on the complexity of the removal process. With a favorable operation of the operation, the patient needs to be patient for 2-3 days, after that, the new pains subsided.
"Starts" the new pain immediately, how the action of anesthetic drug ends. The pain may be transient, periodic, and rarely develops into a strong one. If the pain exhausts and does not allow to fall asleep, delivers discomfort, it can be removed by an analgesic and cold compress on the other side of the person where the tooth was removed. Please note the compress must cool, rather than warming, so it needs to be changed every 10-15 minutes, in addition, breaks are needed in cold procedures. If the suites do not pass within two days and distributed on the gum, you need to turn to the dentist again and get recommendations on more intensive treatment. It is likely that a long-term pain is associated with complications - alveolitis, a purulent process in the "dry" well, where the blood clots did not formed.
, , 
Headache after the removal of the tooth
The head can be sick both in the presence of a tooth and after it is removed, which is quite natural and explained by the location of the teeth.
Headache after removal of the tooth is most often due to the edema of the gums, less often - alveolitis or abscess. As a rule, painful sensations are localized in the innervation zone of nerve endings damaged during the extraction and pass together with the main post-traumatic symptomatics, that is, 2-3 days.
The most dangerous complication of extraction is the inflammation of the trigeminal nerve, which provokes a strong, intolerable, headache. The neuropathy of the trigeminal nerve can be caused by traumatic damage to the nerve branches when removing, less often the incomplete obturation of the root channel with a partial distance (preparation for prosthetics). Also, the cause of headaches may be a purulent inflammatory process in the well, which remained in the gum debris root of the tooth.
Strong headache after removing the tooth, accompanied by a high temperature, confused, an increase in lymph nodes, nausea and vomiting, requires emergency medical care, as it is a sign of acute incoming body.
If after removing the tooth pulsating pain
The pulsating nature of pain is a typical symptom of pillies of pulp, more precisely, in her nerve. The incompleteness when the pulp is not completely removed, the inflamed nerve is the factors causing pulsating pain after removal.
The pulp is actually pulp, the tooth fabric rich in blood vessels and nerve endings, receptors. Thus, it is a very sensitive tissue that is innervated by the branches of a trigeminal nerve. Any of its inflammation is accompanied by strong, pulsating pain. It should be noted that the extirpation (removal) of the pulp is shown in cases of acute or chronic infectious process - pulpitis. If the removal was performed not to the end, the process not only continues, but also activated by operating mechanical effects. Consequently, after removal of the tooth, the pulsating pain with the undeacconition is associated with the exacerbation of inflammation and irritation of nerve beams.
In addition, the ripple may indicate the developing purulent process in the gum or well of a remote tooth. The gums are inflamed as a result of the root fragments in it, and the hole in the absence of a dense bunch of blood closing the wound hole.
- Reading time: 1 minute
Any operation carried out, even so insignificant as the removal of the tooth is a big injury for the human body. Power of pain sensations completely depends on the complexity of the intervention. Many patients are wondering, and is the gum after removing the tooth, and is it normal? Today we will answer this question, and give you practical advice, how to defeat such a problem.
The main reasons for pain in the gum
As soon as anesthesia comes out, the patient begins to feel pain. The gum sores after removing the tooth for 10 days, this is normal. It is for such a term that the wound is completely delayed.
Pathological pain longer than this period indicates the presence of a progressive infection. There are many reasons for the occurrence of inflammation. However, they all have a common principle - the removal of the formated bunch of blood. Food gets on a fresh, non-tightened wound thus accelerates the formation of malicious bacteria.
The main causes of pain in the cheek can be:
Inflammation of a trigeminal nerve. Unfortunately, the patient can experience a hearing impairment. It is impossible to run such a complication, it is worth seeking professional help.
The remainder of the tooth in the wound will surely provoke the accumulation of pus. This often happens while working with "complex" teeth having root curves.
Circuits can be easily flushed out of the "dry hole". In such cases, bacteria easily penetrate into an open wound, becoming the cause of inflammation.
Patients suffering from diabetes are susceptible to the formation of a hematoma in soft tissues. Over time, the suppuration of the accumulated blood occurs.
The pathological process can provoke a cyst, which usually grows on the root of the tooth, and may remain even after the operation.
Alveolit - inflammation of the gums. This problem appears when infection in an open wound.
After removal of teeth, patients often accompany bleeding. This is considered the norm. However, long-term bleeding is the basis for accessing the dentist.
One of the most dangerous complications is considered osteomyelitis. The fact is that the destruction of not only soft tissues of the gums, but also the bones of the jaws occurs. Weak immunity or neglence of teeth problems The main causes of osteomyelitis. The worst thing is that the complication is capable of infecting the brain.
Duration of pain after the removal of the tooth
Every patient is concerned about the question - how many days the gum sores after removing the tooth. Normal is the term from 2 to 4 days. Provided that the pain is not acute, but moderate. After removing the indigenous tooth, the gum sores for a few days longer.
Attention! More than one week, and even more so for the whole month the gum can not be sick. During this time, the hole must fully heal. If a person is constantly accompanied by this symptom, urgently need to consult a doctor. Inflammation It is important to remove in the initial stages, in the launched cases the treatment will be longer and complex.
First aid if the cheek hurts after the removal of the tooth
Each of us came across such a situation when, after removal of the tooth, the gums and cheek sore. Permanent pain prevents ordinary affairs, does not concentrate at work. It is necessary to get rid of pain at home as much as possible. Inactive procedure, you can wash the formed bunch, and provoke infection in an open wound.
The beginning of the inflammatory process indicate:
Effective methods to prevent the development of the pathological process are:
Paintaking drugs that help get rid of unpleasant sensations for a while. Important! Do not overdo it with them, take strictly according to the instructions!
After the operation, impose a cold compress on the cheek. It will prevent the appearance of hematoma, remove swelling and pain.
If the hole is bleeding, a bandage pre-treated with an antiseptic is required. However, remember, constant bleeding can not be removed at home, it is better to turn to a specialist.
Also do not forget about folk remedies. They have long proven themselves as one of the best ways to get rid of such a problem. But they should be used not earlier than on the second day after surgery. Then the bunch has already been formed, and it cannot be washed.
Chamomile, calendula, aloe, sage, calendula, Aloe, Sage, Aira, Sage Root will remove pain and accelerate wound healing.
Perfectly with such problems, solutions of salt and soda are struggling.
Manganese and furacilin disinfected the oral cavity.
In conclusion, it should be noted that the observance of the oral hygiene will prevent the appearance of the pathological process. But if inflammation failed to avoid, it is better to turn to the dentist. Self-medication can aggravate the situation.
This article is informative, for details, please contact your doctor!
Why is the escaped tooth hurt?
The presence of pain after removing the tooth is due to the fact that during such a procedure, soft tissues, vessels and nerves are damaged. Typically, the first pain symptoms appear 3-4 hours after the operation. This is due to the fact that the anesthesia ceases to act.
Also during removal, the bone tissue of the jaw well can be damaged. At the same time, pain in the healing period is more intense and long. However, if the removal was carried out correctly, it will soon pass.
How much time hurts?
In most cases, pain when removing is exacerbated on the second day. On the third they begin to decrease. By the fourth-fifth day, pain is practically not observed. In the case when the pain does not appeal to this period after removing the tooth, the patient must consult a doctor, as this may indicate the appearance of complications.
However, it is important to remember that the full healing of the wells occurs only on the second-third week after the procedure. Until that time, the gums and bone tissue are vulnerable, so there can also be pain in their irritation. That this does not happen, you should adhere to the recommendations of the doctor.
Pain in the head
The recovery period after removal of the tooth may be accompanied by pain in the head of various intensity. They are associated with damage to the nerve fibers that go to the brain. Such symptoms should not scare the patient, as as wounds are healing, they will also pass.
Another reason for headaches during this period can be hypertension. The patient must prevent the attending physician about the presence of such an agement. In this case, the surgeon will be able to choose suitable drugs that will reduce pain.
Pain in ear
For the same reasons in the patient, after removal of the tooth, unpleasant or even pain in the ear may occur. Most often they have a shooting nature. Such a symptom is also the norm and takes place in the coming days after the intervention.
The pain in the ear can intensify if the patient will incorrectly care for the oral cavity and try firm food.
Pain in the desne
The pain in the gum is associated with its direct damage. At the same time, not only soft fabric suffers, but also the nerves, which are also located in the gum. Depending on the degree of damage, pain can last different times and leak with greater or less intensity.
Strengthening pain in the gum may indicate the presence of fragments in its tissues, as well as the emergence of one or another complication. If such symptoms arose, immediately need to contact a specialist.
Will it stop silent the scene tooth on the second day?
Often, patients believe that the pain on the spot of the dental teeth must pass after sleep on the second day, and frighten when it becomes even stronger. Such a situation is the norm, since after a certain time, damaged tissues of the gums begin to swallow, thereby pumping the nerves. All this leads to the fact that pains are becoming more intense.
To this you need to be ready. Today there are a large number of analgesics and other drugs that allow to reduce inflammation and remove pain syndromes.
Hurts the place of removal of the tooth in a week, what to do?
The wells in which the teeth were eliminated by the end of the first week are usually completely delayed. The final healing is still needed to wait, however, pain in such a period should already go through. If a week later, the place continues to root after removing the tooth or any other symptoms are manifested, for example, bleeding, the patient urgently needs to go to the doctor.
In no case can you independently try to reduce pain. If it continues to disturb the patient, it may indicate the development of inflammation or an abscess process in the gum. If they are not fixed in time, then the consequences can be very serious.
Stages of healing of the wells
The wells on the site of the dental teeth are healing in several stages. The first one lasts about a week. At this time, the wound is tightened, its surface becomes smoother. The patient can return to the usual way of life - there is ordinary food, brushing teeth, etc. Usually during this period on the surface of the well, blood clots are preserved, which in no case cannot be tear, as it can lead to bleeding and slow down the final healing process.
Full tightening of the wound ends by the end of the second week. At this time, the bunch disappears, as well as residual pain. The last stage, that is, complete heating, ends by the end of the third of the week. If the intervention was very serious, this period can delay for 4 weeks. By this time, the nerve fibers and vessels are completely restored, and the gums becomes completely smooth.
Complications after removal
In some cases, the removal of the tooth may cause complications. They may be associated with both poorly conducting the procedure itself and with illiterate care for the oral cavity during the healing period.
To the main complications that may occur against the removal of the tooth can be attributed to the following:
- an abscess that appears as a result of infection in open wounds in wells on the site of the teeth;
- bleeding, which can be the consequence of the injury of gums during the healing period, and may also arise due to the presence of hypertension or poor blood clotting in the patient;
- Paresthesia, characterized by the numbness of the gums or parts of the jaw in the place where the tooth was burned.
One of the most serious complications is osteomyelitis. It is characterized by the presence of an inflammatory process in the bone and bone marrow. Such a disease may occur in the case when the patient had infected with bone tissue against the background of the overall decrease in immunity. Such a subsection requires immediate treatment.
The main symptom of the presence of complications after the removal of the tooth is the strengthening of pain after the 5th day of healing. If they do not subscribe to this period, it means you need to contact a specialist to clarify the reasons. It can be like inflammatory processes and the presence of a tooth particles that remained unnoticed after the procedure.
Another symptom is a strong temperature increase, sharp spasms in the head, which lasts more than 5 days. It can also be swollen the gums. If this happened, then the swelling for any reason can not get away. This, in turn, is the right sign of the presence of complications.
Causes of the development of complications
The reasons for the appearance of one or another complication can be a large amount. In addition to medical errors and incorrect care of the oral cavity, they include the presence of certain somatic diseases in a patient who can lead to inflammation or frequent bleeding.
In order for such situations, the patient should warn a doctor about all his illnesses, even if he is confident that they will not affect the outcome of the procedure. After that, the specialist will be able to choose certain medicines that will reduce the risk of complications and make the wound healing process more comfortable.
What to do after removing?
After the tooth was removed, it is important to properly carry out the oral hygiene, as well as slightly limit its diet. The main recommendations are those:
- A cold compress can be attached to the damaged gum, which will reduce the pain;
- If bleeding does not decrease, you can strongly clamp a cotton swab between the teeth in the destruction of the tooth;
- For disinfection, use natural herbs based rinsing;
- Use better only warm and soft food without solid particles.
Drugs can also be used to reduce unpleasant sensations. However, you can only use those tools that the doctor has appointed. Also, he must say how much time should be rinsed, so as not to damage the wound.
If, on any of the stages of healing, the patient felt the amplification of pain symptoms or discomfort, which is not the norm, he immediately must inform the doctor about it.
What do not need to do?
In order not to make complications and enhance pain syndrome, you should not do such things:
- take food for 3 hours after surgery;
- warm the tooth removal zone;
- smoke or drink alcohol;
- walk to the sauna or bath;
- Touch the wound with your hands.
Also do not try to independently remove the seams or blood clots. This can cause bleeding and slow down the overall healing process.
How to reduce pain?
Any actions aimed at reducing pain can necessarily be agreed with the doctor. The easiest is the use of cold compress. It must be applied to the outside of the cheek in the area of intervention.
Also, you can use natural herbs for this purpose. They can rinse the oral cavity or make compresses, applying them to the gum. If pain sensations are very strong, special painkillers can be used to reduce them.
Slap the gum after the removal of the tooth
- Why after removal of the tooth the gums
- Self-treatment during the recovery period as the main cause of pain
- How to treat gums at home
- Diseases because of which the gum hurts after removal
- How long the gum sores normally after removing the tooth
- When you need to urgently get dental care
Removing the cutter, fang, the molar is a surgical operation, during which an extraction unit from the alveoli is extracted. It is necessary for various reasons. The complexity of the procedure depends not only on the anatomical structure of the roots, but also on the location of the operated region, such as the resulting dental disease.
As a rule, the stronger the tooth hurts and the more extensive swelling, the harder to work to work. This is due to the accumulation of exudate in soft tissues. But to postpone the extraction on then due to fear or other contrived reasons is unacceptable. Delaimation is fraught with periostitis, alveolitis and other dangerous complications.
Why after removal of the tooth the gums
Extraction is a serious intervention. The farther the destroyed unit is located in a row, the more roots, the more densely, the more difficult to pull it out. Especially difficult is a surgeon dentist if the coronary part is significantly destroyed. Then you have to extract sharp fragments.
If a granuloma is detected on the top or a mix of a capsule is observed, it may be necessary to carry out two consecutive operations - the first is aimed at removal, the second is for the flushing of purulent masses and a reservation. Often the doctor scrape necrotic fabrics from a bleeding well. All of these procedures contribute to additional traumatization of mucous membranes. It is not surprising that during the patient's healing is disturbing soreness.
Self-treatment during recovery as a source of problem
Often, patients do not ask the doctor what to do with pain. They begin to actively rinse the inflamed zone, apply compresses to the injured place, warm the cheek with the electric facility. All these actions are prohibited if they did not appoint a specialist.
Normally, after surgery, dense blood clots should be formed. It is a mandatory element of the healing process, as it closes the wound surface from pathogenic microorganisms. If you constantly rinse your mouth, the bunch is not formed or dispersed ahead of time. Then damaged tissues will remain unprotected before the influence of infections and bacteria.
If you warm the area of inflammation, edema can increase. The superimposition of compresses directly on the mucousse often leads to a chemical burn. Therefore, if the gum sores after removing the tooth, it is undesirable to experiment. The most reasonable thing is to visit the dentist and consult with him.
How to treat gums at home
The main rule of home therapy is to follow all medical destinations. If there is a special anti-inflammatory medicine in the inflamed zone, it is impossible to arbitally extract it due to the unpleasant taste or smell. The doctor will make it independently or definitely tells the day and time when you need to remove the drug compress.
Often, dentists prescribe soda baths. To carry out them, it is necessary to mix a teaspoon of food soda with a glass of warm water. Hold the solution in the mouth without moving movements. This simple measure contributes to the speedy pullback of the purulent exudate.
It is very important during the recovery period to observe a gentle diet. With severe pain in the first day after surgery, it is permissible to take an anesthetic. If the medicine does not help or reduce uncomfortable symptoms at all, it is necessary to seek qualified help.
A good healing effect provides antibacterial gels and ointments designed specifically for processing gums. They should be discharged by the dentist-surgeon.
If the operation was severe, and the probability of postoperative complication is high, the doctor may assign oral administration of antibiotics. Typically, dentists prefer the preparations of a wide range of action. Use them is permissible strictly according to a scheme selected by a specialist.
Diseases because of which the gum sore
Unfortunately, no one is insured against unpleasant consequences after breaking the indigenous unit. Much depends on metabolism (metabolism), existing chronic pathologies, age, the work of the immune system, the inclination for the development of allergies - the processes of regeneration affect a huge number of factors.
Need to take into account whether a person takes any medicinal products. After all, there are medicines that brake the formation of blood clot, do not quickly roll up blood or increase blood pressure. All these effects are not allowed during the recovery after extraction.
Among the main diseases causing complications after extraction:
- Periostitis. Inflammatory defeat of the periosteum. Most often occurs due to immunodeficiency or launched chronic pathologies of the oral cavity. It can also be triggered by hidden infections localizing in the maxillofacial zone. Periostitis causes inflammation of soft tissues after taking off the indigenous unit. The human body temperature increases, the overall well-being will deteriorate. It becomes sluggish and weak. At the same time, the cheek swells. To slow down the inflammatory process and turn it out as soon as possible, combined anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial therapy, the reaches of the mouth is carried out. If the disease has spread to deeply lying tissues, the patient is most often hospitalized to the hospital in order to avoid abscesses and phlegmon jaws.
- Alveolit. Inflammation of the walls of the alveoli after surgery. The disease occurs during the slow healing of tissues, the presence of necrotic zones, "empty" well. First, pain appears, then an unpleasant smell of mouth joins it. In the area of the exhaust unit, a light gray flare-gray flare appears. He is poorly removed. Therapy includes frequent washing of the wound with antiseptic solution, oral administration of anti-inflammatory drugs selected by a specialist.
Given the seriousness of the named diseases, it is important to relate to extraction with full responsibility. During the preparation, the treatment of all existing pathologies of the oral cavity and high-quality rehabilitation, professional hygiene should be treated.
How long the pain persists normally
Describing the unpleasant sensations, patients clinics usually indicate their new character. How long the discomfort is saved, Determined by:
- where exactly was the escaped tooth;
- how neatly work was carried out;
- Whether the patient was carefully followed by the medical appointments received after the operation;
- In what condition were fabrics and mucous membranes before the start of dental therapy.
As practice shows, the hole is concerned about two or four days. Every day the affected area becomes less sensitive. If five days discomfort does not weaken, you must be consulted with a surgeon dentist.
When you need to urgently get medical care
The reason to visit the dentist is reused - intense pulsing pain after extraction, swelling of the cheek, the appearance of a specific (unpleasant) smell of mouth. All these symptoms indicate the development of inflammation, which requires immediate correction. Also impossible to postpone the visit to the clinic of dentistry, if a:
- Strong painful pulsation is preserved for longer than two days;
- there were accumulations of purulent masses;
- Painful sensations irradiate in the ear, chin, temporal zone, bridge, forehead;
- The cheek is very swollen, it is impossible to touch it, since the tactile contact increases the pain;
- The body temperature has increased and remains high longer than one day;
- There is no blood clots on the alveoli, which should be formed in the next few hours after extraction;
- Weakness appeared, the performance after the operation has decreased sharply, and the situation has not improved even a few days after dental intervention.
It is impossible to allow the spread of an infection in the mouth. Attentive attitude to his own well-being is the key to successful rehabilitation and rapid healing of the wound surface. Following the appointments of the doctor, it is possible to raise the chances of successful rehabilitation after breaking the root tooth.
Candidate of Medical Sciences, Professor of the Department of Clinical Dentistry "St. Petersburg Medical and Social Institute", Chief Doctor of the Dental Clinic "Alfa-Dent" St. Petersburg
Let's deal with how to determine that after removal of the tooth, the inflammation of the gums began, how to quickly get rid of it and prevent his appearance.
Signs of normal wound healing
After removal of the tooth, a hole is formed on an empty portion, in which the natural blood clots accumulates. It is very important to carefully follow him. This substance cannot be removed, cleaned, flush and dissolve. Trombus is the most reliable wound protection from infection and inflammation.
For 3-4 days after removal of the tooth begins the recovery of the gums. If the operation was traumatic, the healing process lasts 5-7 days. After removing the teeth of wisdom ("eight") the healing process may exceed 10 days. The rear teeth are the most "complex", as they have many channels, so after their removal, the risk of gum inflammation is especially high.
For 5-7 days after removal of the tooth, a white film appears at the bottom of the empty well. This film is an absolutely normal reaction of the organism, so protective fibrin overlaps the wound from the "attacks" of pathogenic organisms. Just like blood clots, the film in no case cannot be processed.
The healing speed of the wells depends on a number of factors:
- depths of operation;
- localization of the focus of the operation;
- associated dental problems;
- The state of immunity and other characteristics of the patient's body.
If the gums swell and started bleeding for half an hour after removing the tooth, this is a normal phenomenon. However, if inflammation does not subscribe for several hours, be sure to contact your attending surgeon.
Types of inflammation
The most common types of inflammation arising after the removal of the teeth are:
- Alveolit - inflammation of the walls of an empty well removed tooth. The patient is tormented by swelling, redness, "twigging" pain. Weakness appear, malaise, the body temperature rises.
- Gingivitis - inflammation against the background of the removal of the tooth. Fabrics blush, begin to swell and bleed.
- Periostitis is the inflammation of the jaw bone (periosteum). For the disease, severe toothaches are characterized, the edema of the gum, flux, distortion of the facial contour. The pathological mobility of the tooth appears, lymph nodes are palpable in the field of face and neck.
- Periodontitis is the inflammation of the periodonta, the zone around the tooth root. For the disease, it is characterized by a new or acute pain in the tooth, increasing when pricked. Without treatment, pain is gradually turning into a pulsating, switched. The patient complains of severe weakness, temperature, sleep disorder.
- Dummy injury with dental fragments. With mechanical damage to the tissues, swelling appears, redness, the spontaneous, increasing when touched, is beginning. If the injury is retained for a long time, a dark breakdown ulcer with purulent and serous discharge can be formed at the place of damage.
Symptoms of inflammation
About the inflammation of the gums after removing the teeth, such symptoms are indicated as:
- Bleeding from the wound. Blood does not stop even cold compresses.
- Redness, swelling, pain in the gums, which do not subscribe for 5-7 days after extraction.
- Pulsating sharp pain in a blank well.
- An unpleasant smell of mouth.
- Selection of pus from the wound, the resulting fibrous film acquires green.
- Jaw numbers, cheeks.
Before removing the tooth, be sure to prevent the surgeon about the presence of chronic diseases that determine the poor blood clotting, for example, hemophilia or diabetes. Also be sure to tell the doctor about the reception of drugs that dilute blood.
Treatment of inflammation
Treatment of gum inflammations after removal of the tooth depends on the disease arising against the background. If the problem is suspected, the patient is recommended to consult a doctor. An experienced dentist will determine the character of inflammation and prescribe competent treatment.
- With the alveolitis, the tissue should be conducted, all the contents are scattered from the wells, the fabric is driving. The doctor imposes a tampon with an antiseptic.
- Periostitis, as a rule, is treated surgically. The doctor reveals rotting foci, drug treatment is carried out with anti-inflammatory, painkillers and antibiotics.
- Gingivitis requires the removal of the tartar, normalizing the hygiene of the oral cavity and the departure of the gums using special rinsing.
- In periodontitis, comprehensive treatment is carried out using antibiotics, antiseptics, as well as anti-inflammatory and painkillers.
- The broken fragments of teeth are removed by the surgeon, rinsing, appliqués, baths with antiseptics can be used to remove inflammation.
Sometimes, with inflammation of the gums after removing the teeth, physiotherapeutic procedures are prescribed, for example, the impact with the help of a neon laser helium, a course of fluctuorization.
In case of competent treatment of gum inflammation after removal of the tooth, the hole is restored in about 10 days, and the hearth itself comes off for two weeks.
If, after removal of the tooth, light inflammation occurs and there are no suppuration, it can be removed at home and prevent the dissemination of unpleasant sensations.
- Within 30 minutes after removing the tooth, do not remove the tampon laid in the well with an antiseptic.
- Within 2 hours after deletion, do not take food.
- If there is bleeding after removing the tooth, attach a cold compress to the gum, for example, ice cube.
If the doctor prescribes a rinsing gum for the treatment of inflamed gums, it is necessary to make them as much as possible. It is important not to wash the protective clutch from the wells. On the first day after the operation, rinses should be abandoned, in the second - use antiseptics and decoctions of medicinal herbs.
At the time of healing, it is also recommended to abandon too cold and too hot food and beverages, in no case touch the well with your fingers, toothpicks and other outsiders.
Reliable rinse, which will help eliminate gum inflammation will become a rinse for the oral cavity "Asepta Active". This unique two-component rinse with a combination of "chlorhexidine + benzidamine" has antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and painkillers and provides an instantaneous anesthetic effect.
Consider useful rinsing recipes that are used to treat gingivitis and alveolitis after removal of the tooth.
One tablespoon of dry crushed pharmaceutical chamomile (sage, calendula) should be twisted 250 ml of steep boiling water. The mixture should be insisted within an hour, biting a towel, then filter and use for rinsing. Ringed mouth recommended every 2-3 hours.
The following healing recipes will help to buy inflammation and relieve unpleasant sensations:
- Mix 20 drops of tea tree oil, cloves and liquid vitamins A and E, add a pinch of Cayenne pepper. The prepared medicine is needed to moisten a cotton swab and attach it to a painful hearth.
- Moisten the food soda with water to the consistency of the paste and impose it to the inflamed area.
Gel "Asepta with propolis" helps to quickly cope with the inflammation of the gums. This unique remedy for the productivity of the bee by 31% removes the inflammation of the gums, has anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial actions against gram-positive bacteria, as well as anti-faceted and analgesic effects (reduces the pain of affected tissues), accelerates the process of regeneration and epithelization of wound surfaces, stimulates metabolic processes.
We hope our recommendations for the treatment of gum inflammation after removal of teeth will be solely informational. Believe to yourself carefully and remember: at the first symptoms - acute pain in the gum, sharp jumps of temperature, strong edema of the gums, the selection of purulent exudate - please contact the doctor as soon as possible. The defeat can turn into a catastrophic outcome, so take care of yourself after the operation.
Clinical and laboratory assessment of the influence of the domestic medical and prophylactic toothpaste based on vegetable extracts on the state of the oral cavity in patients with a simple marginal gingivitis.
D.M., Professor Yelovikova T.M.1, K.Kh.n., Associate Professor Yermishin E.Yu. 2, D.T.N. Associate Professor Belokonova N.A. 2.
Department of Therapeutic Dentistry Umbum1, Department of General Chemistry UGM2
Clinical studies of antisensive toothpaste "Asepta Sensiviv" (A.A. Leontiev, O.V. Kalinina, S.B. Ulitovsky)
A.A. Leontiev, Dentist Dentist O.V. Kalinina, dentist S.B. Ulitovsky, D.M., Prof.
Department of Therapeutic Dentistry SPbGMU. Acad. I.P. Pavlova
Comparative clinical assessment of the effectiveness of the treatment of traumatic lesions of the oral mucosa
Jordanishvili A.K. *, ** D.N., Professor, Professor of the Department * Department of Orthopedic Dentistry of the Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education "North-West State Medical University. I.I. Mechnikov "Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation (Rector - Doctor of Medical Sciences Saigans S.A.); ** Department of Maxillofacial Surgery and Surgical Dentistry of the Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education "Military Medical Academy named after S.M. Kirov »Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation (Head - Corresponding Member of the Russian Academy of Sciences, Professor Fisun A.Ya.).